Published on October 24, 2016
CCUNESCO IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE CANADIAN ADVISORY COMMITTEE FOR MEMORY OF THE WORLD
The Canadian Commission for UNESCO (CCUNESCO) is recruiting new members for the Canadian Advisory Committee for Memory of the World.
The Canadian Advisory Committee for Memory of the World is responsible for ensuring the overall management and supervision of the program. It:
· recommends entries to both the International Register and the Canada Memory of the World Register to CCUNESCO’s Executive Committee which will approve them;
· recommends delisting to the Executive Committee if documentary heritage is destroyed or if the custodian fails to preserve and protect it;
· coordinates Canadian proposals for registration, and in the case of the International Register, recommends to CCUNESCO’s Executive Committee and Secretariat submitting them to the International Advisory Committee of the Memory of the World Programme;
· fosters, receives and evaluates applications to the Registers as approved documents, and creates and updates the Canada Memory of the World Register;
· increases awareness of the UNESCO Memory of the World Programme and ensures its promotion in Canada;
· decides on the frequency, number and deadline for receiving submissions for the Canada Memory of the World Register;
· works closely with the Secretariat of the Canadian Commission for UNESCO;
· presents its annual report to the CCUNESCO’s Executive Committee at its Annual General Meeting.
Duration of the mandate
Members of the Canadian Advisory Committee for Memory of the World will be appointed for a term of 2 years, renewable once.
The Canadian Advisory Committee for Memory of the World could hold up to 3 face-to-face meetings a year at the Canadian Commission for UNESCO located in Ottawa, Ontario.
If interested, please submit your application form (attached) along with your résumé before November 10th, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Committee, please contact Pauline Dugré, Communication and Information Program Officer at email@example.com 1 800 263-5588 ext. 4558